Together We’re Making a Difference
Providing Food toÂ Families in Need.
There are over 10,000 individuals in West Seattle that live below the federal poverty level. The cost of living in Seattle is 49% higher than the national average which means many of our working families are seriously struggling to make ends meet.
2018 WSFB Statistics
- We distribute overÂ 1.8 million pounds of food and spentÂ $303,000Â on purchased food.
- 11,500Â individuals, including 4,428 children and 1,373 seniors, in need of food and services counted on theÂ WSFBÂ at some time during the year.
- We delivered food weekly to the homes of approximatelyÂ 250 elderly and disabled individualsÂ not able to make it to the food bank through our Mobile Food Bank Services.
- Our Backpack Program provided school children at risk of hunger over the weekendÂ with 9,716 packsÂ of six kid-friendly meals weekly throughÂ 13 West Seattle schools.
- OurÂ Pet PantryÂ distributedÂ 15,000 poundsÂ of pet food and accessories to clients to take care of their furry friends.Â
- $225,000Â worth of baby food, formula, diapers, car seats, strollers, furniture, toys, clothing and other accessories were distributed to parents of infants and toddlers through ourÂ Baby and Child Corner.
- OurÂ Community Connections ProgramÂ helps the families we serve access additional information and services from dozens of partner organizations.
- OurÂ BookcaseÂ provided 11,786 booksÂ to the children and adults we serve to encourage healthy reading habits.
- 572 volunteersÂ donatedÂ 29,250 hoursÂ of service to the food bank throughÂ our Volunteer Program.Â This would be equivalent to 14 full time employees!